Thursday, April 9, 2009

Getting Lost and Drifting Away?

I recently watched an amazing documentary from The Apologetics Group, hosted by Eric Holmberg called Hells Bells 2: The Power and Spirit of Popular Music. I used to love rock music and secular music in general, but when I re-dedicated my life to Christ last year, I started shying away from the "secular." Still, I had no idea of the actual spiritual warfare and "aesthetic terrorism" ( a term you will hear used by a priest in the Church of Satan if you watch the film) involved in mainstream music.

I recommend that every one watch this film, but if you are a Christian go into watching this prayerfully, as even the sound clips can affect your mental state. If you are not a believer in Christ and love popular music, I urge you to watch this and keep an open mind to what is being shown to you. I watched all of it on YouTube, and I'll link you to Part 1. You should be able to follow the series from there.

Part 1 on YouTube

Here, you can buy the series for a low price. Don't go to Amazon, it's almost 3 times as much!

It's extra-ordinary how once deception has been exposed and the veil has been lifted off of your eyes, how your discernment will exponentially increase. I was at work a few days ago, and the radio was left on from a previous shift. I heard a song I've heard so many times : Drift Away by Dobie Gray. But for the first time, the words actually meant something deeper and darker to me.

Drift Away
DOBIE GRAY
(Mentor Williams)

Day after day I'm more confused
So I look for the light in the pouring rain
You know that's a game that I hate to lose
I'm feelin' the strain, ain't it a shame

Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Beginning to think that I'm wastin' time
I don't understand the things I do
The world outside looks so unkind
I'm countin' on you to carry me through

And when my mind is free
You know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue
The guitar's comin' through to soothe me
Thanks for the joy that you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
Rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You help me along makin' me strong



The beat of the music puts you in a trance state whereto the lyrics can then permeate into your subconscious. If you really sit down and decipher the lyrics to secular music, it is all about "Do What Thou Wilt," which, by the way, is the "whole of the law" according to Aleister Crowley who wrote the demonically inspired Book of the Law and is the father of the New Age Movement.

It's very easy to see how music has spawned societal revolution and influences the belief of a generation. Yet the subtlety in the deceit is the lack of realization of how the music affects each of us individually. We are a part of a spiritual war people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you listen to mainstream music? (Rock/Pop/HipHop/etc.)